Providing Flowers for Worship
Each Sunday, except for a few special seasons, Trinity has an arrangement of flowers in the front of the sanctuary below our Greek cross. Trinity members are invited to sign up to provide these flowers throughout the year. Starting in December, the sign-up sheet for the upcoming year will be on the board to the left of the sink in the Narthex closest to the women’s restroom. The sign-up will remain posted all year. If you are interested in providing flowers, read on for details!
- Members contributing flowers will call The Flower Basket and place the order. A reminder email will be sent a few days before this order needs to be placed with full instructions. Trinity has partnered with The Flower Basket for many years. They know the size of the arrangement needed and are very dependable.
- The cost for a standard arrangement is $65. Special kinds of flowers may be requested, but they may increase the cost.
- The Flower Basket will deliver the arrangement to Trinity. There is no delivery fee.
- Each week, Your Weekly TLC and the Sunday Bulletin will display who contributed the flowers and a message of their choosing. The default message is “to the glory of God.” Instructions on communicating the message will be included in the reminder email.
- After the 11:00 a.m. Sunday service, the flowers may be taken home. They may also be left for Monday night worship and picked up later in the week.
During Lent, no flowers are present in the Sanctuary.
Members are invited to purchase Easter Lilies to decorate our sanctuary for Easter. Ordering instructions will be in the church communications about a month before Easter. Easter Lilies should be taken home after the last worship service on Easter Sunday.
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, our sanctuary is decorated with poinsettias. Ordering instructions will be in the church communications about a month before Christmas. Poinsettias should be taken home after the last worship service the Sunday after Christmas.